Join Our Team!
Join us in Creating Tomorrow's Neighbourhoods
CTN Developments is always interested in seeking enthusiastic and driven candidates to join our growing team. At CTN, we believe the key to successful developments begins with our team. Please see our Available Positions below to see where we are looking for growth.
If you would like to apply for any of the available positions listed below, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume as a PDF document. Please be sure to:
(1) reference the Position Title in the Subject Line, and
(2) provide a contact number where we may be able to reach you.
We thank you for your interest in CTN Developments, however only the candidates that are eligible for the available position(s) will be contacted.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, Financial Accounting, the Project Accountant will be an integral member of the Finance team, this position will assist the project billing and budgeting process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying chargeable equipment and labour; in accordance with established accounting practices and billing standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completing project draws
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Assist with the creation of general Construction customer budgets and provide timely updates and variance analysis as required.
- Assist with preparation of customer invoice package containing draft and final invoices for general construction projects, including all applicable backup for approval.
- Maintain the billing folders and financial records for all projects invoiced by this position.
- Assist with the review of gross margin results for all general construction jobs and communicate findings and recommendations to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare special project analyses as required.
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Managing accounts payable and receivable
- Preparing payroll
- Completing monthly (or quarterly) HST returns as required
- Preparing end of year project working papers for external accountants
- Communicating with other divisions within the corporation
- Interacting professionally with project investors
- Providing support to the VP and Project managers as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in Finance is an asset
- Experience in Real Estate Development is an asset
- Experience in Construction accounting is an asset
- 3-5 years Project Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3rd or 4th year CPA
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software (preferably QuickBooks).
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Controller and Project Managers as necessary.
- A team player with strong service orientation.
Job Type: Full-time